Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

We love its ease of use, ease of deployment, and combination with UCS

What is our primary use case?

We use it mainly in a virtualization environment with several VMs.

We use it with VMware, not Hyper-V.

How has it helped my organization?

It is good for administrators who want to administrate storage, their virtualization environment, and network. They have one solution with one overview, helping the people who administer the systems within the data center. They have one solution for one proprietor and maybe one solution provider to handle service requests, etc.

What is most valuable?

It is a hyper-converged solution which integrates with the network instead of the product.

We love its ease of use, ease of deployment, and combination with UCS.

The stability works well. We have had no issues so far.

We had an issue on the customer side, where the wrong SSD piece was delivered. However, this has nothing to do directly with the HyperFlex solution. The technical support did make sure that the right piece was delivered on schedule.

One of our customers was given HyperFlex as a present from a telcom provider.

The deployment was very easy. It took about two hours, and the solution was ready to use.

We used vCenter for the installation.

Comparable solutions with switches, storage, and services are cheaper than HyperFlex. It should be cheaper.

The storage layer seems to be a little better on the VMware than on HyperFlex side.