Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

Good scalability and easy setup

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for virtualization.

How has it helped my organization?

Its simplicity has been a benefit for our organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is scalable. It has many resources and is easy to expand.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the price. A lot of people complain that the price is an issue. For smaller countries, this solution is too expensive.

The stability has not really improved. Also, their upgrades are complicated. This is something that needs to be fixed, which I'm sure they'll do.

Scalability is easy and simple.

Their technical support is very bad. We had an issue where instead of an engineer we got a PDF "doctor" that didn't know anything about our problem which was very frustrating.

The setup is simple. We understand how it works so it's not a problem for us but I can imagine that for somebody who doesn't know UCS so well, the setup can be complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. The solution is not so bad. To get a ten, the upgrades should be smoother and without any problems so that we're not scared to do them. It could also be more traditional. It's hard to trust the new product especially because we've had issues with the upgrades. It may take some time but it is getting better.

You should try this solution, you won't regret it.