Cisco Wireless WAN Review

Easy deployment and management with a user-friendly interface

What is most valuable?

The ease of management is the solution's most valuable feature.

The user interface is much better than older versions.

What needs improvement?

We're in the phase of deploying a new system, so I can't speak to what might be lacking in the solution just yet.

I'm curious to see how Wi-Fi 6 will function. You have access points supporting Wi-Fi 6, but no clients know about it really.

Pricing is very high with Cisco products. It's something that many people complain about. They should work to make it more affordable.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The older version was very stable; I'm hoping the newest version will also be stable.

The technical support is very good.

Deployment is easy. We're doing it in stages so as to not disrupt any service and are in the process now, so I can't speak to exactly how long it will ultimately be as a process.

Cisco pricing is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Our clients are mostly enterprise-level companies.

Our first test of the solution will be to see how the new features are implemented in Wi-Fi 6. The new access point is smaller than the previous one, and I find it's very good, very pleasant, because the 3700, and especially the 3800 were very, very weak.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. If the pricing was better, I'd rate it ten out of ten.

More Cisco Wireless WAN reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Networks Wireless WAN
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Wireless WAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.