Citrix ADC Review

A flexible product with a good VPN and easy-to-use load balancing capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are using Citrix ADC as a VPN appliance, and use it as a load balancer for a few different services.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a custom application that we use, and we were able to port it over from a legacy system into the ADC.

What is most valuable?

I find all of it to be valuable, because of the flexibility that is built into this product.

If we need an on-premises load balancer, it's easy enough to spin those up here an there and the VPN seems to be pretty solid as well.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model that Citrix employs need to be improved. There are specific features that we like but are not available at our licensing level.

There are certain features that are very useful and Citrix makes you pay a bit more for them. I think that they should be included as default features.

In the next release, I would like to have the ability to inspect the SSL payload. It should be included by default.

I have been using Citrix ADC for almost a year.

It's a stable product and I haven't found any issues with it. It's been working well for us this entire time.

Scalability is not really applicable in our case. We have moved towards the cloud.

I don't believe that we plan to scale on-premises any further.

We have approximately 500 users in the company who are using this solution.

Technical support is good. We have reached out a couple of times and they were able to assist us quickly, even on the weekend.

I would rate technical support a nine out of ten.

It depends on who you get, there are some who want to redirect you to professional services. Once you get them on board, their service is good.

Previously, we used Juniper VPN. The hardware was older.

The initial setup was fairly complex. There is a bit of a learning curve.

We worked with professional services during our deployment.

It's an expensive product but it works well.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone who is looking at implementing Citrix ADC is if they need flexibility, it's a stable product. It's one of the better appliances that I have used, even in a virtual environment, it's working great. I can recommend it.

I would rate Citrix ADC a nine out of ten.

More Citrix ADC reviews from users