Citrix ADC Review

Has good load-balancing features but we have experienced some authentication problems

What is our primary use case?

We deploy it for enterprise customers and some schools that are located in Denmark.

What is most valuable?

The load balancing is one of the most valuable features. We have several load balancing solutions like F5 and Fortinet.

What needs improvement?

I will try to migrate all the tools to the cloud because there is more lab and more VPN scalability available in the cloud. It is not available on-premises.

I have been using Citrix for the past four years.

Of course it is stable. We have had some errors, like authentication issues, although those are easy to fix.

It is scalable enough.

We started with 100 users and now are up to 2,500.

We have contacted their technical support. They provided their contact details, the account manager details, so we contacted them frequently and as required. They are very good.

We are also familiar with F5.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's deployed in our central location and four different other plants. It's not complex for those types of environments. Including the network setup, the entire deployment took 45 days.

I did the deployment together with my team. The deployment required four advanced engineers.

We also evaluated Fortinet but we found that it is not that good a solution in terms of it being user-friendly and it was not very scalable. Comparatively, FortiGate is a good option, and reading-wise I think it's good.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell someone considering this solution to know your use cases and get good documentation.

When we experienced an issue, we made documents and we can share those documents and share all the details to help provide others with solutions.

I would rate it a six out of ten.

More Citrix ADC reviews from users