Citrix NetScaler ADC Review
Scalability is great. One of the best features is that it can scale out.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is a low balancing geo failover. However, there are a lot of use cases that we use it for.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for Citrix NetScaler MPX deployments. It is being used for publishing Citrix XenApp, mostly for load balancing, but we have been evaluating solutions for deploying it in multi-data centers.

What is most valuable?

• Global servers
  • Load balancing

We need multi-site and DNS failover.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to customize. It is more difficult to customize than F5, for example. They have custom iRules that you can write for customized situations.

I would like to see more integration for single sign-on on the Citrix side. F5 has done a lot of work on single sign-on capabilities, and it seems that NetScaler might be lacking a bit compared to F5.

We have had very good luck with stability. However, we have always deployed in an HA configuration.

Scalability is great. One of the best features of NetScaler is that it can scale out.

Technical support seems very knowledgeable if we have any problems. Support had been good when we needed it. We have not needed it that much, but they are good to work with.

We used Windows Network Low Balancing.

We had a consulting service help us with the setup.

We have been evaluating F5, Citrix, and other ADC products. Citrix is the most expense of all of them.

What other advice do I have?

You need to have somebody who understands application delivery controllers and all their features. If you don't have someone, I would highly recommend training in professional services to help out with it.

We are sort of in the evaluation process of replacing everything with one solution.