Citrix NetScaler ADC Review

Stable solution that is easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the product is server load balancing, specifically the application level.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to offer more support to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the capability of performing load balancing in a virtual environment.

What needs improvement?

They need to implement and integrate security solutions. Specifically, a web application firewall.

Three to five years.

I would give this solution nine out of ten for stability. It is not perfect because at times I was faced with an issue where the application was getting a lot more traffic than is desirable, and I can see Citrix having issues with this.

We have close to fourteen hundred clients using this solution. We expect this to increase, but it is dependent on clients' needs in terms of load balancing.

Some of our clients use the F5 load balancing solution, but that is only ten to fifteen of approximately fourteen hundred clients.

It is a pretty easy setup. You don't need to change anything related to your IT configuration, MAC addresses, or switching tables.

We implement this solution for our clients. We use a template based approach, so normally it can be deployed in a fraction of minutes. One person is sufficient for the deployment and maintenance of this product.

I recommend this product to customers because they have a ninety day free-trial period. This is a good solution for people who also have a budget constraint.

We have a five year platinum licensing agreement, which does not incur additional costs of any kind.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product eight out of ten.