CrowdStrike Falcon Review

An easy to navigate interface and it maintains itself, but the detection capability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as endpoint detection and response.

What is most valuable?

At this point what is most valuable is the interface, which is easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

In the six months that I have been using CrowdStrike, it has not been able to detect anything. We have been using Trend Micro and it has detected some malicious activities.

We have CrowdStrike conduct some inner forensic investigations in hopes that it will be more advanced and detect things that may have been missed by Trend Micro.

It would be helpful to have some prebuilt search queries based on the top ten queries in the industry for detection.

I have been using CrowdStrike for six months.

It's a SaaS-based solution that maintains itself. It updates automatically so that we are always using the latest version.

It is not like an on-premises solution where you maintain and upgrade the version to get the newest release. It's a cloud service that is maintained by the vendor.

From my understanding, CrowdStrike is scalable as it's a cloud solution.

This is not an area that we have fully explored as we have less than 20 end-points.

There has not been any contact with technical support or community support. I have been able to do what I needed through the documentation provided.

We are currently using CrowdStrike, and also running another AV because CrowdStike is not detecting any malicious activities and the other AV is. We are giving it some more time to see if anything happens.

We decided to start using CrowdStrike for our external facing servers because it is the market leader in EDRs. While Trend Micro has an EDR, they call it XPR it is still new to the market.

The initial setup is straightforward, it is easy to install and only took a few minutes.

We have deployed it on our external facing servers.

The pricing could be reduced. If it was more reasonable that would be great.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Other
More CrowdStrike Falcon reviews from users
...who work at a Hospitality Company
...who compared it with CylancePROTECT
Get Fast and Easy Protection Against All Threats

Protect your organization from all threats - not just malware - even when computers and servers aren’t connected to the internet. Start your free trial and deploy CrowdStrike Falcon within minutes to start receiving full threat protection.