D-Link Wireless Review

A complete wireless solution that is competitively priced, but the technology needs to catch up with bigger vendors

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I am a wireless engineer. D-Link Wireless is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

The primary use case is access points in small business networks.

What is most valuable?

D-Link comes with a complete solution including wireless, switching, and static wiring. This is a big advantage because if you implement with other OEMs then you have to do these things separately.

The price of D-Link Wireless is very good, which is one major factor.

What needs improvement?

D-Link has some catching up to do in terms of advancing and improving its technology. For example, the bigger OEMs like Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba all have more advanced systems coming up.

I have been working with D-Link Wireless for perhaps one year.

This is a stable product.

Scalability is there and you can expand as needed.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I also have experience with Ubiquiti Wireless. The suitability of a product depends on our client's requirements. There are a lot of things to consider and we also want to meet the budget.

We recommend whatever product or vendor is best for them. This includes a comparison that is based on the design that we come up with for them.

We have an in-house team that deploys and maintains these products on behalf of our clients. We do support, as well.

D-Link pricing is very competitive when you consider other OEMs. I would say that it's on the lower to medium side. Everything is included in the price.

What other advice do I have?

D-Link is a good product that is quite affordable and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More D-Link Wireless reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN
Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Huawei, Aruba Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.