Dell EMC NetWorker Review

Integrates well with data domain, user-friendly, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators.

We have many systems that are being backed up using NetWorker, mainly in a virtualized environment, with several typical workloads.

What is most valuable?

It's a good product that can be integrated easily with the Data domain.

What needs improvement?

They have many different products but they don't integrate all of the features into one product. This is an area of failure with this solution. For example, if we want source-side deduplication then we have to use Avamar because this kind of feature isn't available in NetWorker.

Some features in NetWorker are good as well as some features in Avamar are good. If they could combine the features of both products into one single product, it would be better.

In the next release, I would like to see better pricing and more integration with the other products in Dell EMC.

We have been using Dell EMC NetWorker for three years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution and we have not had any issues.

It's a backup system that is backing up more than 50 different systems.

We plan to continue using this solution. It's a good product.

We have contacted technical support and they have provided us with good technical support.

We have no issues.

Because NetWorker does not provide all of the features such as source-side deduplication, we have had to go with some other products.

The Installation is quite easy.

The deployment took a maximum of three to four days.

The complete installation needed a bit of extra time due to some downtime for adding systems. But generally, the basic installation and configuration are done within three to four days.

We have a good engineering team and the internal team is capable of handling the implementation.

The price is a little on the high side, but it's reliable and provides a good service.

There are other products on the market with better pricing, which makes it a challenge to sell NetWorker.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend NetWorker to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Dell EMC NetWorker an eight out of ten.

More Dell EMC NetWorker reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC NetWorker. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.