Dell EMC NetWorker Review

A solution that minimizes recovery time with good stability

What is our primary use case?

Most customers are integrated with the hypervisor environment. It's a mix between VMware and Hyper-V. The database and integration with the database is SQL and it has since changed to Oracle. This is mostly what we are using to unify everything.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has minimized the recovery time objective, and the recovery point objective, the RTO and RPO. Most customers are looking to minimize downtime. The solution has helped ensure this.

What is most valuable?

The backup and configuration for the virtual environment have been the most valuable features, especially with VMware.

What needs improvement?

The operating system could be improved. The interface could also be much easier.

I've been using the solution for 12 years.

The stability is very nice.

The solution has very good scalability.

Technical support is good, but it depends on the time zone. I've noticed that some areas offer better support than others.

The initial setup isn't straightforward or complex. It's somewhere in between. Deployment took about two weeks.

I did the implementation myself.

The pricing is mid-range. It's not the cheapest, but it's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

It's not easy to integrate. We have to read a lot of documentation in order to configure the solution.

More Dell EMC NetWorker reviews from users