Dell EMC NetWorker Review

Has good technical support and is fairly priced

What needs improvement?

I feel that it is a good product. However, if its setup is configured correctly, it will work well but if it's not, it's a total disaster. I think that goes for any backup product. Coming into architectural design thinking, for example, we introduced a backup network. This has helped speed up our backup time and the time it took Windows to backup. That has made a huge difference without impacting reduction systems elsewhere that connects into the same systems. So the main thing would be to optimize scheduling and do the setup correctly, then it will improve the backup features.

I have been working on this solution since I joined our company three years ago.

There are too many reboots and the software requires constant updating - just like Windows. I don't like that so I feel that it isn't very stable.

The technical support from EMC is 10 out of 10. I am really impressed by it.

The pricing of this solution is very good.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten, based on my knowledge and experience on it. In the next version, I would like it if Dell EMC could back up IBM. They call it IBMi, or the A400 system. That would be awesome for the networker. My advice to others would be that they should be very specific who they use to set up the software and make sure they check references for successful installations.

More Dell EMC NetWorker reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC NetWorker. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.