DX SaaS Review

Supports various platforms and is flexible; dashboards and user interface are somewhat outdated

What is our primary use case?

We are a IT solution integrator for one of our customer

How has it helped my organization?

Its good for a small or homogenous platform, but for a complex platform involving different application services, root cause identification and reading the instrument through the web can be cumbersome and not very user friendly.

What is most valuable?

The CA APM blaming metrics is quite usefull on identifying a potential issue

What needs improvement?

In terms of APM, CA is lacking in terms of its dashboards and the user interface is quite old. AI capability is quite important these days and could be an additional feature in the next release.

I've been using this solution for 3 years.

In terms of small to medium enterprise environments, it's quite stable, but for larger environments, you need to think about the scalability. It requires proper design and integrations in the earliest stages.

Enterprise scalability is good and we use 3 data centers with each have its satellite or poller server to limit the network transaction as locally as possible

The internal technical support at CA is quite good. They have a one-hour response time for priority calls although I think they could improve in terms of their communication.

The initial setup is quite complex compared to other solutions. It can take up to three times as long as Dynatrace.

We are a vendor and have experience for around 4 years with the solutions and have other experience of implementing Other APM Solution as well

If you compare CA with Dynatrace, in terms of pricing, my understanding from one of our customers is that CA is a lot cheaper.

We Choose other apm solutions for each AI Capability for root cause identification and Dashboard features.

What other advice do I have?

I think anyone wanting to implement this solution needs to know about the complexity. I think the most important thing is the AI that comes with the update. For a large and complex environment, it's important to be careful with the architecture and the AI capability, because lots of data can be gathered from CA, but in terms of informing those data, or using the data for a more meaningful result can be quite cumbersome for CA, for a standardized environment, which doesn't have any complex environments.

I think this solution is quite good and I would rate it a six out of 10.