EMC NetWorker Review

It allows us to share our knowledge and experience with it on other sites in our organization, although it lacks support for Xen and RHEV.

Valuable Features

It's easy to configure and manage.

Improvements to My Organization

In our organization, we are working with Networker on other sites, so we can share our knowledge and experience.

Room for Improvement

We pretend to start image backups from VMware, but we are also working with Xen and RHEV, and this product doesn't support those platforms.

Use of Solution

I´ve worked on it for over 10 years, since v6.

No issues encountered.

Just in version 7.x.x, where they changed all graphical interface and had some stability issues.

When I used to work in a consultant office, we had to split one backup server into three to support the amount of clients. This customer had a lot of backup server instability.

It is great; EMC support is one of the best.

It is great, a good level of knowledgement and escalation.

I used to work with TSM as well, but Networker is easier to deploy.

Other Advice

There are some features that other software, like Avamar, does better, and that EMC could incorporate into Networker.

Ensure you have good architecture job before implementation. At our organization, we are scheduling all our backups from the same business line to ensure it's all done at the same time, to ensure all backups are scheduled at the same time.