EMC NetWorker Review

Works well for small-scale NFS file backup and disaster recovery

What is our primary use case?

I was hired as a solution architect and implementation specialist for this solution. We are maintaining this solution for a customer in Hamburg, Germany.

I am working with an SAP on Oracle solution at the moment.

Our customers use this solution for backup and disaster recovery.

The usual deployment model for this solution is on-premise.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us at the moment are NFS, file system backup, and IP backup.

What needs improvement?

The main problem that we are having had to do with stability. We are looking forward to better stability in future versions.

Our customers often ask for better integration with Microsoft Exchange.

I have been using this solution for six years.

Stability is something that needs to be improved.

This is a highly scalable solution, but on a larger scale, it is not very stable.

I was contracted to migrate our client's disaster recovery environment from Tivoli Storage Manager to EMC NetWorker.

The solution itself was easy to set up, but configuring a global disaster recovery environment was quite complex.

I am a consultant who implements these solutions for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to choosing this solution, it depends on the environment and the scenarios that you're focused on. There are many advantages with EMC NetWorker compared to other disaster recovery solutions, but the software is lacking in some areas that other vendors focus on. It really depends on what you want to get from the solution.