Fortinet FortiGate Review

User-friendly with an easy setup and a good user interface

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for network security and security next-generation firewalls.

What is most valuable?

The solution is quite user-friendly.

We find that the system interface is simple to navigate.

The initial installation is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

There are some cloud-based features that could be much more flexible than they currently are.

It's my understanding that they are currently working on improving the cloud solution quite substantially.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We find the solution to be quite scalable. If your organization needs to expand this solution out, you shouldn't have any problems doing so.

We have two or three different locations and have between 50 to 200 users amongst those locations.

The technical support is very good.

Most of the time, whenever a ticket is opened and we reach out to support on behalf of our customers, they offer good advice and are very responsive. We're satisfied with the level of service we're provided.

The implementation is not complex. It's very straightforward to set up and does not take a lot of time to deploy everything.

That said, I did not handle the implementation myself, so I can't speak to more technical aspects of the job.

We had four or five resources that assist in network security and they all helped with the deployment.

I don't handle the pricing side of the product and therefore can't speak to anything in regards to the licensing or costs.

What other advice do I have?

Although we largely handle on-premises deployment models, we have suggested cloud versions to our clients recently.

We are a solution-providing company, and we are offering products to our customers.

Although we really enjoy the solution, there's a lot of very interesting competition in the market. The competition is huge. As a partner of the product, we get a lot of questions we have to answer, and, to be honest, this solution isn't as strong in some areas as others.

That said, we would recommend the solution to others.

Overall, I'd rate the solution an eight out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.