Fortinet FortiGate Review

Easy to install, stable but security features could improve

How has it helped my organization?

We use the solution for security but we are planning on upgrading to another product.

What is most valuable?

We currently are using the basic features of the product but one of the features we use is for blocking traffic.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see an upgrade to the VPN feature, we are using the VPN from outside of our office and there is a limitation to 10 connections, more connections would be suitable. Also, the security could improve on some features that are available.

I have been using the product for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

The support is they provide is good.

The setup was easy.

The pricing for the product is alright. Our organization has not yet provided an end budget for this area.

We are not yet certain if we need a different solution in the future. We are evaluating our options. We have looked at Cisco and Barracuda solutions but I believe Cisco is very expensive and Barracuda might be the one we choose. It is too early to tell, we are still evaluating these options and others.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet Fortigate a six out of ten.

60d
More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.