Fortinet FortiGate Review

Good UI, easy to use, and offers reasonable pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for our network, as virtual security of the network. It helps protect us and keeps us safe.

What is most valuable?

The overall experience has been very good. It fully meets our requirements. We find the solution to be pretty user-friendly.

The solution has a lot of features. I'm not sure if there is one that stands out as the most valuable for us.

The stability of the solution is very good.

The vendor has been very good at providing us with everything we need.

Overall, the pricing of the solution is very good. The product offers good value.

The product is quite flexible.

We've found the scalability to be very good.

The dashboards and UI are very nice.

What needs improvement?

We aren't really missing any features.

The solution isn't lacking anything. We've been overall very please with the experience we've had. There aren't really any negative aspects to discuss.

I have used the solution for a while. It's been more than five years at this point.

So far, we have found the stability of the product to be quite good. It doesn't crash or freeze on us. We haven't experienced bugs or glitches. The performance is reliable. It's good.

You can scale the solution if you need to. It's not a difficult thing to do.

We do plan to continue using this solution.

We don't have any experience with technical support. No problems have really presented themselves, and therefore there hasn't been a need to reach out at all. Therefore, we can't really speak to the helpfulness of technical support.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

This is a cloud-based solution. Therefore, there really isn't an installation process per se. It's very easy to get started.

The solution offers good value for your money. It isn't too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

It is my understanding that we are using the latest version of the solution. However, I am not 100% positive. I don't know which version number we are currently on.

I'm not sure if I would recommend the product. It would depend on each individual company's needs.

I would rate this solution at an eight out of ten. It's been a pretty positive experience overall.

More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.