Fortinet FortiGate Review
Security has been increased but the licensing fees could be lower.

Valuable Features

• GUI
  • Flexibility
  • Easy to configure
  • UTM

Improvements to My Organization

• Option to control application = increased productivity
  • Data leak prevention = increased security
  • Anti-virus & IPS = increased security

Room for Improvement

I'm happy with the product, however the licensing fees could be lower.

Use of Solution

I've used it for six years.

No issues encountered.

There is a specific way of deploying a Fortigate product, and the scalability is related to the new unit deployment so there are no problems here. If you need more power/space, you just have to add a new box.

It's very good, I've never had any problems with customer service.

It's very good, I've never had any problems with technical support.

I was using Cisco ASA, and I switched due to a lack of features (e.g. poor SSL VPN support).

It's a very simple setup as everything is well documented online and via the Fortigate channel on YouTube. Also, I posses a large amount of knowledge gained during the years that has helped me to deploy all my solutions. Even from the the beginning, it was easy as Fortigate has a great GUI and good online help,

Implementation Team

We did an in-house implementation, with no third party involvement.

ROI

The product is deployed as part of, and an add-on to, the MPLS solution for the majority of my customers. There is no ROI as this is not the major expectation, as the ROI is coming from the whole solution, not just this product.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

All the costs are for the annual licenses. The cost of the original deployment fell below £5,000, and licenses are priced at around £3,000.

Other Solutions Considered

We considered Cisco, however we decided to go with Fortigate as it provides a good set of the features for the price paid,

Other Advice

Enjoy it. The product is easy to implement, easy to manage, and easy to develop and grow.

1 visitor found this review helpful