Fortinet

Fortinet FortiGate Review
Improved our organization through single pane of glass management

Valuable Features

FortiGate is really strong in the following:

• UTM
  • IPS-like
  • Antivirus
  • App control
  • AntiBotnet
  • Anti-Spam web content filtering
  • L3 routing

Improvements to My Organization

• Single pane of glass management
  • Easy GUI for monitors

Use of Solution

We have been using it for the last five years.

Easy installation through the mobile app.

Stability is fine. I rebooted after 755 Days from the date of installation.

Scalability is Fine.

Partner support is very good.

FortiGuard Service is also good with the push method update.

We were previously using Cyberoam.

Easy by WebGUI and also mobile app.

Implementation Team

We have implemented in-house.

ROI

Excellent ROI, due to virus spambot intrusion free network.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's a little bit higher than Cyberoam but the security is higher compared to the other vendor.

Other Solutions Considered

Sophos, Check Point, and SonicWall.

Other Advice

Buy FortiGate for a hassle free network management and excellent ROI.

1 visitor found this review helpful
95f4c50c a43c 43bf 9a9e eacae2dcf7f0 avatar

1 Comment

Anonymous avatar x30

I have used Fortigates for 6 years. Like you, similar experiences augmented by an additional support subscription due to my early learning curves. What I did not realize was the speed compromises with all the security apps acivie - if I have a Verizon FiOS true Gig subscription, my speed was tapered down to 100 Mbps or less. That is a 90% reduction. With 6 users multiplied by cell phones accessing the same WiFi, you can imagine the data speeds we were actually working with.

So, I picked WatchGuard, the T70 specifically. The data speeds with everything turned on remains near the subscription (1 Gig) and I have the same types of protections as the Fortigate. It is too early to report the reliability and other specs since this has changed only in the last week, but the specs tell me a lot that helped me to understand what I missed on my first go-around with Fortigate. Don't get me wrong, I had zero issues over the last 6 years to Fortigate's credit. However, that speed compromise doesn't work for me. Perhaps I missed something, but my support knows the product and there were no adjustments available, other than turning certain feature off. I couldn't afford that security risk, not these days.

Like (0)01 November 17
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Fortinet FortiGate?

Our experts can help. 242,854 professionals have used our research on 6,016 solutions.