Fortinet FortiGate Review

Improves internet speed and improves network security

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller of Fortinet products. We use FortiGate for Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) support. This is the most important reason that we use Fortinet FortiGate.

How has it helped my organization?

We required our network to be more secure. We also use FortiGate for improving the speed of the internet because the network here does not perform as we would like it to.

What is most valuable?

The most important features of Fortinet FortiGate are the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and firewall control applications.

What needs improvement?

The main aspect of FortiGate that could be improved is load balancing. Our management team does not want to buy another appliance for only load balancing.

The network routing with Fortinet FortiGate can be an issue, but it generally depends on the size of the company.

More than five years.

FortiGate is a wonderful appliance.

We have knowledge of other firewall products but FortiGate is the best.

We like the Fortinet technical support and how they have responded in the past.

The initial setup was easy and not complex at all.

There is only one issue with Fortinet FortiGate: It's the price. If the company makes its products cheaper then we can convince our clients to buy more.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Fortinet FortiGate a nine out of ten because I don't know all of the features of the platform personally.