Fortinet FortiGate Review

A stable product that allows us to offer several services in a single box

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is the provision of services to our customers, the end users.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization a lot. We have been able to offer several services to customers in a single box.

What is most valuable?

The firewall is a valuable feature because it offers more security for end customers. The HA function is fantastic, as the link switching time is almost imperceptible. It also offers dedicated IP, all in one box.

What needs improvement?

I use the FortiGate 60D model and realized the 300Mbps bandwidth limitation. Because it is a product that offers many services, I think it could have greater bandwidth capacity.

Trial/evaluations only.

My impression of the stability is very good. It is very difficult to have to replace the equipment due to lack of resources.

I found this product to be good for scalability. It offers several features, among them I can mention Application Control, Antispam, QoS and others.

I found the technical support team to be careful and committed to delivering what we needed.

Prior to using the FortiGate solution, I used the MikroTik RB1100AHx2e. I found that the FortiGate 60D offered more security.

The setup was straightforward and easy, and the equipment has a good command line interface.

We were given all the support that we needed for implementation. The vendors were fantastic.

The return is inevitable when you have equipment that offers stability and quality in services.

Before choosing a piece of equipment you have to take into account the cost-benefit offered by each one. Sometimes it is not worth paying a very cheap price to have a minimum level of security.

Our evaluation of the MikroTik RB1100AHx2e revealed that it lacks antivirus software and has no lock for botnet control centers.

What other advice do I have?

There is a VOIP feature that by default is enabled on the Fortigate 60D. This greatly increases the CPU usage, which causes bad behavior in the equipment. This feature should be disabled and if necessary, the user can re-enable it.

The FortiGate 60D is a fantastic piece of equipment.

1 Comment
Fernando NetoReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Helps protect large enterprises and networks of service providers with exceptional scalability.

27 April 19