Fortinet FortiGate Review

Provides zero-day protection against undiscovered malware and vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are dealing in the payment business where we provide services to end-users, and FortiGate is part of our security solution.

The customers swipe their cards into our product, which transmits the data through another server to the acquirer or bank. The server is hosted behind the FortiGate firewall, so all of the traffic that comes in and out goes through the firewall policies, intrusion detection, and instruction prevention systems.

What is most valuable?

We use the FortiGate Sandbox to detect zero-day vulnerabilities, such as anomalies or malware, that are unknown and have not yet been discovered.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see a better training platform implemented.

We have been using Fortinet FortiGate for the past five years.

This is a scalable solution. We are able to integrate new products and different payment options. As new projects come in, we are looking for a hybrid setup that will incorporate the cloud.

We have been in contact with technical support and I find them to be good. We've had no issues with them.

We are continuing to use FortiGate but we are in the process of upgrading to the 200E and 300E enterprise firewall.

The initial setup was complex. We had to connect it and set up the PCI DSS compliance. To maintain this, there are a lot of things that have to be done on a regular basis. This includes scanning and hardening the servers, then rescanning. Initially, it is very complex.

We have the FortiGate firewall in our environment, and we are using network segmentation. Based on the segmentation, there are policies. Based on the policies, the traffic to the critical components is monitored and goes through the IDS/IPS antivirus profile. We also have hosted applications, so a basic DDoS and WAP are configured.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users