HelpSystems AutoMate Review

An interface that is intuitive and easy to use, and it saves us time spent on manual processes

What is our primary use case?

Our use case for this solution is in the HR department. We are a company that has external consultants that perform services for other companies, and each employee has to give us reports describing their hours each month. Based on these reports, we charge the customer accordingly.

We have PDF files that are scanned and sent to us by phone. These are from our employees on the customer's site, and our human resources personnel review them afterward. The reports are compared with our in-house system, the files are reviewed, and the hours are approved. Once this is complete, an invoice is sent to the customer.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using AutoMate, our process of collecting reports from employees was manual.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of use. The interface is simple, user-friendly, and very intuitive. We have a software development group and we expected to have to do some programming, but we didn't have to. Everything was already built-in, within the system.

This solution is very efficient. It took us only four hours to develop our bot that automates the process, and two people were involved in the development.

It would be nice to have an EBI connector for AutoMate.

What needs improvement?

The OCR for Hebrew text needs to be improved. The recognition of Hebrew characters is not the strongest part of AutoMate.

I have been using HelpSystems AutoMate for about six months.

We have only implemented the process in the HR department, which has approximately 400 employees. Our intention is to implement it for other uses, as well.

I contacted technical support when we had an issue with a PDF file. They responded very quickly, within six or seven hours. After speaking with them, they provided us with a solution to the problem within two hours.

We also use UiPath, although this is for other departments in the company. For the HR department, everything was done manually.

I think that the main purpose of this tool is the automation of internal processes. This is unlike their competitors, who deal mainly with business processes. If this were a customer service application, for example, then I would probably use a different product.

The initial setup was easy. One person is required for deployment and maintenance.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

We save more than 200 person-hours per month.

Everything that I used was already built into the system, so we did not have to pay any costs beyond the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

There are third-party applications that integrate with AutoMate, although we did not have a need to use any of them.

Overall, this is a pretty nice product and I really recommend it because it is very easy to use. We also save a lot of money, just with one bot.

More HelpSystems AutoMate reviews from users