HelpSystems AutoMate Review

Unique feature is the ability to use a database as a trigger to launch a task

What is most valuable?

It's difficult to say which feature is the most valuable as there are so many, each a must-have for any automation system. A great feature that you seldom see in these kind of systems is the ability to use a database as trigger to launch a task. This is something I asked for a few years ago and that was added.

How has it helped my organization?

We use AutoMate to interface different systems with each other, as an EDI tool, as an FTP tool, to automate AD reporting.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some better web automation, a wizard like the one in the product WinAutomation would be very nice. Showing the global variables of a workflow in a task when you select it, which variable some result should be stored in. Now, you can't see the global variables but have to type them, which works but isn't ideal.

About eight years I think.

In some older versions there were some instabilities, but the latest version (v.11) seems very stable.

No, you can scale very easily by adding agent licenses and deploying these agents on different computers. You can see these agents as small runtimes of the actual BPA server. This way you can deploy the workflows across the agents and spread the load between the different computers. You can also add development licenses to allow more concurrent developers connecting to the AutoMate console.

1 visitor found this review helpful