HPE BladeSystem Review

Reliable, fast, very scalable, and hardly breaks down

What is our primary use case?

We are running a biometric solution. This is the main solution for which we use HPE BladeSystem.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE keeps on releasing new BladeSystems. We started with G4 and have used G5, G6, G7, G8, servers. We find these upgrades very useful. As our business volume grows, we're able to find an appropriate HPE server to use.

What is most valuable?

They are reliable, and they hardly break down. They are fast, and they serve us very well.

What needs improvement?

For me, the product is okay, but I would probably suggest improvement in their services or technical support. They need to work harder in the preventative maintenance of the system. They need to improve in terms of how quickly can we get attention and how quickly problems are resolved.

Its price could also be lower.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. The entire banking industry in Nigeria is connected to this solution. Everybody in the industry uses this solution. We intend to grow and increase its usage.

Technical support is my main concern. They need to improve in terms of how quickly can we get attention and how quickly problems are resolved.

Its initial setup is very easy.

We used resellers.

It is expensive. There are no additional costs. We are able to get good discounts anyway from HPE, but if the price can come down, we'll be happy.

We considered IBM. We made a choice for HPE, and it has been working well for us.

What other advice do I have?

My main advice would be to ensure that your technical staff is well trained by HPE and the technical staff receives HPE technical training because the support that you want may not come from HPE. If you have your in-house team properly trained, it should be fine.

I would rate HPE BladeSystem an eight out of ten.

More HPE BladeSystem reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Synergy
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Lenovo and others in Blade Servers. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.