HPE BladeSystem Review

A very fast, reliable, and robust solution with good price and value for money

What is our primary use case?

We use it for direct authentication of the network storage of our files. We also use it for running some application systems, such as the student information management system and the accounting system.

We have DL360 and DL380. For storage, we have HP 2000.

What is most valuable?

They are very fast and very reliable. They are working under very tough conditions.

What needs improvement?

We had a few hard drives that crashed, and we couldn't find them locally. We've tried internationally, but we are still struggling to get its spare parts. This is the main challenge that we have faced with this solution. Fortunately, the other drives are still working. There should be easy availability of spare parts. I should be able to request a quotation online from HPE for things that I am not able to get locally. Currently, I can order online, but when I type the serial number, most of the time, it is rejected. I don't know why it is happening. It could be because the company that sold us the system didn't buy it through the normal HPE channel. HPE should assist us as users to get the spare parts.

Its security needs to be beefed up. I would like some security features. It was also challenging for us to set it up because we didn't get enough training from them.

I have been using this solution since 2013.

It is a very reliable solution. I've worked with other servers, and I find HPE BladeSystem very reliable.

We haven't tried to expand the solution. We have around 3,000 students and 255 staff members who use this solution.

Normally, we just look for some technicians around Botswana, and they come and assist us.

The setup was a little bit challenging because we didn't get enough training from HPE for setting up the cluster servers.

Its pricing was good. We selected this solution because it was within our budget. We paid just once when we bought it. We never bought any license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution based on the robustness of the machines. It is the best system in terms of the value for your money.

I would rate HPE BladeSystem an eight out of ten.

More HPE BladeSystem reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Synergy
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Lenovo and others in Blade Servers. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.