HPE ProCurve Review

Easily configurable and is easy to create each connection and configuration

What is our primary use case?

Normally, I use it for the core environment and the solution switches. I have these two environments, the core, and the switches. Sometimes they have other or alternative environments. It's a solution environment for the back office. That's how I use it.

What is most valuable?

In terms of valuable features, I like its ability to configure. I know the other models like Cisco, and I think that HPE's ProCurve are easy to configure and to know how to create each connection and configuration.

What needs improvement?

I don't have any problem at all with HPE ProCurve. I have a lot of experience with it, and I know that HP normally changes its equipment and technology. Maybe it would work better with HP if I only had one type of equipment since they have ProCurve, Aruba, and OfficeConnect. Every team is different. Our office is a different population. I know that ProCurve is really equal to Aruba, but there isn't any other equipment that HP has.

It would be good if the switch was bigger and faster, like with the ports.

I have been using HPE ProCurve for 20 years, since it went on the market.

In terms of stability, when I see an issue happening, HP takes care of the bugs. They have very fast tools to deal with the issues. The technical support from HP is really fast to resolve the problem.

Same with IT issues. We see the number of problems resolved with the new configuration.

ProCurve is scalable if the equipment is right for your environment. If you want to build a solution, they have the equipment for it. But I think more people are using HP Aruba switches than ProCurve. I believe that ProCurve will be replaced by the Aruba equipment because in the last year we haven't used the ProCurve switch as much but we have used Aruba. But I think it is a good tool, and we have some clients who are using ProCurve switches for many years and they are still working. They don't have any problems. I like ProCurve with the equipment.

The technical support from HP is very fast at resolving the problems, whether it's bugs or something like that.

Before using HPE ProCurve I was using Switchcom. I also normally use Aruba and OfficeConnect.

Setup is really simple. I think that the initial setup would be better if there were more questions, like with Cisco. When we started with Cisco equipment the first time, they asked many questions about the equipment. HP didn't have questions. I know that many people are on the web environment of the installation of this configuration.

When comparing Aruba and the ProCurve equipment, with Aruba, there is more community on the web, and with ProCurve, there is less. It doesn't matter because I use the free environment, mostly. It's rare that I use the Aruba environment since I use the free one. I see that many people only use the web environment with Aruba and that it offers more features. I think ProCurve would work better if it had more options like the web environment.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give HPE ProCurve an eight.

More HPE ProCurve reviews from users