Huawei OceanStor Review

Great for internal IT systems and excellent value for money

What is our primary use case?

We are integrators so we're selling this solution to our customers. Many are from the transportation sector, public broadcasting sector, or they are service providers. They use it for internal IT systems. Our clients cover the full range from small to enterprise size companies. We are a gold partner with Huawei and I'm an IT solution architect.

What is most valuable?

Most clients tell us that the most valuable feature of the solution is the value for money. They feel that they receive numerous great features for a reasonble price. IBM and HP charge a lot more for what OceanStor customers get as part of the product.

What needs improvement?

There are some small things in the solution that can be improved. Supporting software is one of them and the integration with mainstream solution technologies could be better. They are small issues and generally the technology functions well. It's not an issue caused by the vendor but rather due to external circumstances and the cessation of cooperation between Chinese and US companies.

I've been using this solution for about eight years.

It's a very stable solution.

The scalability is an easy process. It has a good capacity.

Technical support is good, we're very satisfied with it.

Initial setup is very straightforward and easy. Deployment takes no more than 10 or 15 minutes. It takes three or four people from our company and the client company to carry out deployment. We carry out maintenance, it usually takes three people.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend everyone to try the product, they will be surprised at how good it is.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

More Huawei OceanStor reviews from users