Huawei OceanStor Reviews

rating
Giordano Cetti
IT Support Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jul 31 2017

What is most valuable?

The horizontal scalability up to eight members and the possibility to distribute disks in domains made it my choice,... more»

How has it helped my organization?

Once we had to implement a completely new environment and we didn't need to buy another storage because of it's... more»

What needs improvement?

Unfortunately, this product doesn't support Flash Disks, but it's IOPS capacity is a great compromise.

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing??

This product value matches its price.

Which other solutions did I evaluate??

The company for which I set up the system was born with this core solution.

What other advice do I have??

It's the best co-worker you could have with you! And he never gets holidays.
Wilfredo Torres
Service Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jul 31 2017

What is most valuable?

Stability: The product is designed to have always HA. Compatibility: Fully compatible with network based storage both... more»

How has it helped my organization?

* High storage capacity integrated with the core business. * Possibility to create new virtualized IT services... more»

What needs improvement?

Configuration complexity and the tools available.

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing??

It's roughly affordable.

Which other solutions did I evaluate??

No. Just using before an open-source-based solution and not scalable.

What other advice do I have??

Check for the new version (V3). It seems to have some interesting features and improvements on the configuration process.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Huawei OceanStor

Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays.
291,767 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Huawei OceanStor Questions

Huawei OceanStor Projects By Members

Huawei OceanStor Consultants

What is Huawei OceanStor?

OceanStor Dorado V3 is the industry's first all-flash storage that puts NVMe into commercial use. It is specially designed for enterprises' mission-critical businesses, meeting the most-demanding performance and reliability requirements of databases, VDI, server virtualization, and SAP HANA.
Also known as
OceanStor Dorado V3 All-Flash Storage System, OceanStor 18000 V3 Series Storage Systems, OceanStor 6800 V3 Storage System
BUYER'S GUIDE
Not sure which All-Flash Storage Arrays solution is right for you?

Download our free All-Flash Storage Arrays Report and find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!