Huawei Wireless Review

Easy to manage and stable, but needs better integration capabilities

What is most valuable?

The handover is seamless whenever the users connect to the access point.

The solution is easily managed compared to other wireless solutions.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved.

The solution should offer more integration with third-party servers and devices.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We have more than 3,000 users on the solution currently, and we do plan to increase usage.

Technical support is not great. Whenever I open a case, I don't get any immediate support. You have to wait for at least 24 hours. Once you do get a hold of them, the quality of their suggestions are good. It's the wait time that needs to be fixed. It should be much more immediate for clients.

We previously used Cisco wireless. We switched due to a decision made by our management team.

The initial setup is a little bit complex. Sometimes the Huawei access point doesn't support POE. You also need a big team for maintenance. We have 30-40 people, for example.

In comparison to Cisco, the pricing isn't bad.

What other advice do I have?

We're a consultant and support many companies and end-users.

We use the 5060 and 6020 access points, among others. We use the private cloud deployment model for medium-sized companies.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Huawei Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Huawei Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.