IBM Engineering Workflow Management Review

With Jazz Source Control, users can create isolated sandboxes and deliver code to share streams.

What is most valuable?

Jazz Source Control allows users to create their isolated sandboxes and deliver code to share streams. Further integration of configuration management with change management activities like stories and tasks is seamless.

How has it helped my organization?

I spent most of my time as a consultant helping organizations to implement the Rational ALM solution. Rational Team Concert is the part of CLM solution and can be easily integrated with the requirement module, Rational DOORS, and the quality module, Rational Quality Manager, which allows organizations to automate the whole SDLC under the same umbrella with seamless integration.

What needs improvement?

The Project Planning component should be improved and it should offer portfolio management with cost and other financial factors like Microsoft Enterprise Project Management does.

I have been using the Rational ALM solution since 2008.

Deployment require some expertise in WAS but if you follow the guidelines strictly, it goes smooth.

The latest version, 6.0.2, is very stable.

It provides a lot of options for scalability, which includes installing each component on a different server.

Customer service is good but not excellent.

Technical support is good.

I previously used TFS a little bit.

Basic setup is pretty much straightforward.

I used to work as a consultant, so I implement the solution myself.

I didn't calculate ROI.

Pricing and licensing is a little complex, so consult with an expert before purchasing.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.