IBM Operational Decision Manager Review

It is accurate and saves us time

What is our primary use case?

ODM tell us if customers are allowed to purchase specific tickets on our carrier.

It is a lot easier to make decisions using this solution. That is what it does.

It is a really good product.

How has it helped my organization?

It is used by business users in our organization, who are very happy with it. They can make changes on it very easily.

It has benefited our organization by having less coding changes. Thus, we save time and don't have to hire as many people.

It is way quicker to make changes and bring them to production.

Being rules, the solutions has improved business processes and case management in our organization.

What is most valuable?

It is accurate and saves us time.

It is very easy to use. We have one person works on it, building our rules, and other people can jump in and help if they need to.

It helps in keeping things logical and all in one place.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have integration of the user interfaces, and they are putting them together in the next version of the solution. There used to be two separate interfaces. Now, they are merging them into one.

It is very stable.

It is incredbly scalable. It is very easy if we need to add more rules to it.

It is fine if we need to add more applications to run through it. That is very easy to do.

The technical support is great. IBM provides whatever we need whenever we ask them.

The initial setup was complex. Somebody else set it up, though. I wasn't involved with that.

Upon initial set up, I would get some help directly from IBM. When you set it up, make sure it is set up properly in the first place.

We used our own people for the deployment.

The solution has reduced our operating costs.

For each change, it probably saves about three weeks of coding time for a programmer.

We made a lifetime purchase. We purchased it by number of PVUs for our stage and product environments.

What other advice do I have?

We are really happy with it. It is easy to use.

We have integrated this solution with other solutions. It was very easy to do, once we had a base to work with.

It could help with compliance or governance issues. It just hasn't yet.

We hope to use it for automation projects in the future.

More IBM Operational Decision Manager reviews from users