IBM Order Management Review

What is most valuable?

There are lot of features which are the best but to point to a couple, the Global Inventory Visibility and Sourcing and Scheduling. The Global Inventory visibility when implemented in the right way can pave the way for identifying potential bottlenecks in the supply chain. It opens up the Retailers view on their own supply chain and most often, it leads you to align your omni channel road map

What needs improvement?

User Interfaces and Reports could be made more user friendly.

We've used it for three to four years.

There were no issues during the deployment.

It is a very stable solution. It has gone through the grinds with multiple customers.

It is a very scalable solution. It has gone through the grinds with multiple customers.

I haven't interacted much with Customer Service directly.

The technical support and timely update on the PMRs needs to be improved.

I haven't used a different solution previously, but now I am evaluating the different OMS solutions in the market.

It used to be complex, but with the newer version of the software the setup is pretty straightforward.

We did it through an in-house team with vendor support.

If you are going to the omni channel way and trying to improve your customer experience. I would go with Sterling, but there is no silver bullet solution for any retailer. So we need to evaluate the ROI on a case by case basis.

It's more dynamic pricing and licensing model will help to go to mid size markets. Currently it is very heavy on the mid size retailers/manufacturers.

I am currently in the process of evaluating Order Dynamics, Hybris OMS, and NetSuite as well. The more I see other products, the more I see the benefits and capabilities of Sterling as a plus (except for Licensing and Pricing).

What other advice do I have?

Please look at your immediate OMS problems (inventory issues, out of stock issues, promising failure) which you want to solve. But look at your roadmap of the capabilities you want to achieve in the one, three, five year windows. Please look into disruption from outside and within the organization and how your product can easily integrate (standard APIs) with existing and new landscapes.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are currently working on building an official relationship.