IBM Rational ClearQuest Review

You can do customizations for a project or ticket management system. I would like to see more dynamic and lightweight web forms.

What is most valuable?

• Customization level of the tool to meet client’s requirements.
  • You can do almost all of the customizations for a project or ticket management system.
  • Notification, hooks, and UI customization are very stable.

How has it helped my organization?

We were the team who developed, customized, and catered to a large proportion of the audience who used the tool in my company. We were from the enablement side of the team.

Before me, the project was working with the tool for five or six years. It has grown significantly for clients' engagements. It helped them in their respective projects.

Our client base used the tool for managing risks, issues, scope, and change.

It has also been integrated with ITSM/MSP/ClearCase source control tools.

What needs improvement?

I am not aware of current versions and development of the tool. However, the user interface seems very static and the user experience was not the best. It was good, but not up to the mark. It needs more dynamic and lightweight web forms.

I have used it for over three years.

There were no stability issues. It is a very stable and mature tool.

There were no scalability issues, as it is a database dependent tool. All you need is a scalable database and a good hardware platform. The tool itself is not limited by serving a heavy workload.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10. It's IBM, so not many issues were encountered.

The initial setup was mixed. All you need is to have is a running database and the installation manager will do the rest. Sometimes upgrading schema management can be complex.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good workflow solution. It is more suitable for engagements with large heterogeneous teams and tools such as incident management and ITSM/MSPS integrated systems.

7.X.X.X