IBM Rational DOORS Review

Prioritizing and plan product delivery but be prepared for challenges with ease-of-use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use for the product is requirements management. That is essentially prioritizing and planning product delivery.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most is probably requirement traceability in configuration management.

What needs improvement?

Usability and user-friendliness could definitely be improved as far as ease-of-use. The documentation could also be easier to use, I would say. Maybe, in general, they need to see things more from an end-user's perspective in their future development.

I am not using this product at my current company, but I probably have approximately 20 years of experience using DOORS (Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System).

DOORS is a very mature and stable product these days.

When it comes to scalability, I think it is a little bit expensive to get more users onboard. I do not think there are practical limitations to scaling the use, it just might be costly to take on additional licenses to scale.

We have used the product's technical support for some issues and we did have a positive experience with them. They were able to resolve the issues that we had in a reasonable amount of time.

It is not cheap. It is expensive to onboard additional licenses.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend DOORS to people who need this kind of solution. You would probably need to have a reasonably large-sized project to use it because of the cost. But I can definitely recommend it if the need is there.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate IBM Rational DOORS as about a seven-of-ten, I reckon. What would need to be included to improve that score is probably cloud hosting.

More IBM Rational DOORS reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Polarion Requirements
Learn what your peers think about IBM Rational DOORS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.