IBM SPSS Modeler Review

Good supervised models, very organized, easy to use, and stable

What is most valuable?

The supervised models are valuable. It is also very organized and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Time Series or forecasting needs to be easier. It is a very important feature, and it should be made easier and more automated to use. For instance, for logistic regression, binary or multinomial is used automatically based on the type of the target variable. I wish they can make Time Series easier to use in a similar way.

I have been using this solution since 2011. It was named Clementine at that time.

It is stable.

I don't contact them directly, but the help is good enough to be used.

I used SPSS Statistics at the beginning, which was a long time ago. I was satisfied and continued using it. I was using SAS when I was in the United States, but that was more than 25 years ago. You should know how to analyze data, and then you can work with any solution. It is like driving a car. If you know the rules, you can change and drive any car. It is not a big deal as long as you know the principles of driving.

The interface of SPSS is easier to use. Even though I have used SAS many times, I mostly recommend SPSS. Students or people who are working with data also prefer SPSS, especially in the Middle East, because of its interface. In the Middle East, it is number one in terms of the number of users.

A lot of free solutions have come up, and there is a lot of competition. For instance, you have Orange, which is very easy to use, but it is not as strong as IBM SPSS Modeler. There is also KNIME, which is trying to imitate IBM SPSS Modeler. It is free, but it is not easy to use and organized as IBM SPSS Modeler. IBM SPSS Modeler is the easiest solution.

Its initial setup is easy.

Its price is okay for a company, but for personal use, it is considered somewhat expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with this solution, and I would recommend it if you want to go for a paid solution.

I would rate IBM SPSS Modeler a nine out of ten.

More IBM SPSS Modeler reviews from users
...who compared it with KNIME
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Knime, SAS and others in Data Mining. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.