IBM SPSS Modeler Review

Gives us best results in customer segmentation and churn analysis, improves retention

What is our primary use case?

Customer segmentation and churn analytics.

We get best results in customer segmentation and churn analytics and we have retained our customers. Our retention score has improved as a result of these projects.

We haven't used machine learning solutions yet.

How has it helped my organization?

Our business units' capabilities with SPSS Modeler is high. They no longer waste time on modeling and algorithms, meaning they are not coding any more. For example, segmentation projects now take one to three months, rather than six months to a year, as before.

What is most valuable?

In the future, SPSS and Cognos Analytics will be integrated. We will be using the two products together.

We have not yet used IBM SPSS Modeler for governance and security issues.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if SPSS supported open-source features, for example, embedding R or Python scripts in SPSS Modeler. We don't need that now, but in the future it may be useful.

We haven't suffered from any stability issues. It's a stable product.

We haven't had any performance problems. The product runs every data volume performantly and produces results.

We are doing our solutions in-house, but sometimes we require local support from IBM partners, but not too often. We are happy with the support the partners provide.

We have SPSS know-how in our company, and other products are not as stable as SPSS. Also, we have local support in Turkey.

Straightforward. It was not complex.

Oracle and SAP. SPSS, however, is widely known and widely used in Turkey. University students learn it, so it's easy to find professionals to work with it.

What other advice do I have?

You should analyze your needs and your data, your projects. There is a lot of choice in data analytics. Which one is best depends on your needs and your budget. It depends on what you are looking to achieve.