Informatica Axon Review

Flexible licensing model, simple install, and helpful support

What is our primary use case?

Some of my clients use it as a front end tool for the data quality governing process.

What is most valuable?

The solution allows the complete governance process, starting from the data quality, those definitions, and it can get the data quality in the EDC.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more API integration to have the capability to build a report using other third party reporting tools allowing things to be streamlined.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is a stable solution, we do not see any kind of issues. When we do find issues we have to go to Informatica to get help, I would say it is not completely matured.

The technical support is very good, they have resolved any issue we have had.

The installation is simple.

You can purchase licenses for this solution at different intervals. For example, annually or every three years. They recently changed their terms for licensing and now it is more flexible.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing this solution you need to identify a path by asking yourself a few questions. Where are we going to start? What are the sources? What are the business pain points in terms of the data governance process?  Are you looking for metrics in terms of streamlining the whole process? Are we looking mainly in the bigger lineage? Are we looking to build reference data? We need to identify those areas and prioritize what is more important. Start small and then eventually add more sources, do not commit too much at the beginning you will not be able to be successful. Start thinking in terms of what are the business pain points currently. What would be the first result that you feel would make the business happier and then adjust accordingly, you can build on it further later.

I rate Informatica Axon a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Collibra, Alation and others in Data Governance. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.