Kaseya Traverse Review

Scalable, but slow to upgrade and provides poor customer service

What is our primary use case?

We have 20 - 25 customers.  We primarily use the solution as a monitoring device for, depending on the client, a mix of servers, storage, networking devices, platforms or databases.

What is most valuable?

Everything is running seamlessly on the solution, to the point where you don't see any gap.

What needs improvement?

We've noticed a few bugs as of late. However, this seems to only be in the reporting part of the product.

The development of the signature or request takes a lot of time. However, the development is very slow at their end. As is the support. This might be why. Everything goes to the product team and lab, even for small requests and even if it makes sense to send it through to the product team instead.

In any case, they aren't adding any signatures to the devices, and I cannot give the tool to my customers if there isn't the capability to add it to the tool. I can't go to my customer and tell them it isn't possible.

They have not even developed a signature for basic things that are being upgraded, like Exchange 2010. They have not yet added the signature after Exchange 2010 and it's now 2020. That's a serious concern. We are running on Exchange 2019 and Office 365. Now 2019 is not yet being developed. On top of that, with Microsoft HyperV, they are still using the old 2008 signature. That has also not been upgraded anywhere. There are many things that are not developed as per the industry.

When we take any contract from a customer, it is agreed that I will monitor each and every device that they have in their data center. It causes an issue for me when I can't deliver due to some issues on the solution's side. It makes clients unhappy.

I'm facing many support issues with them. I am actually looking for another solution to purchase.

We've been working with the solution for eight to ten years at this point.

With my most recent experiences on the solution, I can say that it isn't currently stable. There are a lot of glitches and bugs. The reliability just isn't there right now.

The solution is scalable. There is no issue in that sense. There have been recent requirements now, with the onset of COVID in which there are current customer requirements, that are not being developed, however. That's an issue for both us and the clients.

We have about 20 different customers on the solution currently.

Technical support is very, very poor at this time. They don't help and they send you to the wrong people who end up not being in the position to help you. We've been extremely unsatisfied with the level of service they've provided.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not a complex solution to implement.

The pricing is quite competitive. It's actually quite low compared to what else is on the market. They are very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

While we started as a Traverse reseller, we are now only customers, even though we do sell Kaseya products.

We're not overly happy with the level of service we receive from the solution's support.

I'd rate it overall five out of ten. There are many features that could be added to make it much better.