Kaspersky Endpoint Security Review

Provides great endpoint protection and granularity around what I want to configure

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for my personal machines; my laptop, MacBook, as well as the devices of other family members. I buy about five to seven licenses every couple of years and I mainly use them to protect my end points. In my work, I'm the chief of Information Security and a customer of Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

I like that this solution is pretty easy to use and also that it gives me some kind of granularity about the things I want to configure. I can also specify the level of protection I want for the devices, especially for MacBook and Windows devices.

What needs improvement?

I think improvements could be made around the upgrade. The process for upgrades is very slow. It usually takes about five to 10 minutes to work with the database of the solution.

As a cyber security professional, I would love to see more analytic capability in this solution. The ones I do see in solutions such as CrowdStrike or other commercial products, would also be better in more detail.

I've been using this solution for about six years.

This is now a very stable solution, they have made a lot of improvements in the last years. Prior to that, I installed the solution many years ago and it crashed the computers.

I think the scalability is fine. We have five to seven users at home.

I think I've used technical support two or three times. They've been good.

The initial setup is very straightforward - slow but straightforward. Deployment takes about an hour per device.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

More Kaspersky Endpoint Security reviews from users