Kaspersky Endpoint Security Review

​Securing our network is easier since we have divided the task between the antivirus and the overall network firewall

How has it helped my organization?

Securing our network is now easier since we have divided the task between the antivirus and the overall network firewall. This means different people can focus on the different lines of defense, hence enhancing security.

What is most valuable?

• Network Agent
  • Over the network deployment
  • Monitoring
  • Reporting
  • Manipulation

I can easily manage over 300 computers antivirus from my desk. I am able to see detected viruses, run disinfection, and scans remotely. I am able to troubleshoot Kaspersky Antivirus installed on workstations from my desk by uninstalling, starting tasks, communicating with computer users (Network Message), and viewing and deploying to those who are not installed. Updates are also run on a schedule and this saves on bandwidth usage since some updates from the KSC dbase.

What needs improvement?

From time to time, some users loose connection via the Network Agent. This gives us a tough time, since they are in different localities, so we have to run tasks and sometimes manually re-establish the NetAgent connection.

Three years.

At first, the whole centre concept was new to me, but the documentation really helped as I had a smooth time catching up. I also once lost a KSC server as it crashed and I had to redo all the setup since I had learnt about the backup method. However, the KSC team was and continues to be of great help via their assistance from the company account.

Yes, but it was largely our network settings. Setting up the slave servers is a headache if the network is not well-configured.

The support is very good. A 10 out of 10.

This is the solution I found when I joined the organization, so it is hard to tell if it was a switch.

Straightforward, since I used the provided manual/documentation guide.

It is quite standard, because we use the volume licensing.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

It is very reliable, user-friendly endpoint security software. I recommend it to any administrator.