Kaspersky Endpoint Security Review

The centralized management enables freedom to deal with the protection.

What is our primary use case?

A networked environment with workstations in remote stations. The organisation has a HQ where the IT centrally manages resources with AV being one of the resources.

How has it helped my organization?

The centralized management is a nice feature. It gives us the leeway to deal with other things as protection is being carried on in the background. We do not have to keep watching, as long as we have the right updates. In addition, it saves us time.

What is most valuable?

The centralised management console. Ability to discover machines and see their realtime state. Integration with AD also helps in identifying sources of infection and acting appropriately

What needs improvement?

If someone has the older version of the solution, and wants to install a newer version, they must remove all of the previous applications. Otherwise, there will be issues with the solution in the long run. There should be a remover tool that is embedded on the agent. Then, it could check on incompatible previous versions and remove the same on the background. This needs improvement. There have been cases where one installs newer versions on top of existing version e.g 10.2 on top of 10.1 going onto 11.0 the upgrades will refuse to install requiring one to clean the machine of any trace of Kaspersky using the removal tool. In settings where centralised management is used the requirement that you handle an single computer is time consuming. I just want to be pushing the patches and upgrades without a hustle.

I think that there are issues of agents and the upgrades.

The stability is OK. I have not had any crashing at all. I also have not had to repair the application. Any patches that I have to do, I do it and move on.

Scaling is fine.

The licensing is fine, and it is well within reasonable rates.