Kofax RPA Review

Has everything centralized and constantly thinks of the large corporations that use their robots

What is our primary use case?

I'm the company CEO and chief engineer. We partner with RPA, selling the product, marketing and implementing it. We have several customers who use RPA for different applications. Some use it for financial needs. Another uses RPA to obtain information from employees who deal with external customers. They insert relevant data and the accounts department is then able to invoice the customer. Prior to this, it was all done manually. RPA has provided us with a tool for mobile phones that allows data input to be sent directly to the head office. RPA takes care of the process, it's all automated.

Another case is where information is being directly input to the ERP system from a PDF. A robot takes care of that and everything is transmitted automatically to the ERP system. Logistics companies are one of the main target groups for us and in this case, it's really about customs procedures. Imported goods require reports and it used to be done manually, particularly important when there were questions from customs officials. Robots are now being used to handle the data from the source companies and also from customs. There are many different applications where our customers are using RPA.

Our biggest customer would have around 100, 150 end-users or customers using the product but in some cases, it's only five to 10 people using the robots. It's difficult to say how many users there are because a lot of the work used to be done manually and now, over time, that work is being taken over by robots.

What is most valuable?

The best part of Kofax is that they have a whole concept. It's one product, but also has extra elements that can be integrated. If you take the whole package, with the extra products you can digitize it using RPA and also by using the other products they provide.

What needs improvement?

Of course, there is always room for improvement and I know there are developments all the time. This includes, ultimately, the development and increased use of robots. It's something that our customers want and I know that Kofax is working on that. I don't know if similar products already have this kind of function but this is one we've been waiting for and I know that it's not a simple ask.

For additional features, I'd like to see a recording function and a more simple interface. I also think that there could be more support for emerging learning or artificial intelligence.

This is the third year we've been using Kofax RPA

I would say that the product itself is quite stable, no problems there.

The technical support is generally good. Sometimes, of course, they take more time when you have difficult or complicated questions. But generally, if you send a question to Kofax technical support we'll get an answer the same day. I'm happy with the support.

I don't do the setup myself but I understand it's very easy.

The normal price for an on-premises license is €50,000. That's the price for one robot license. You can have more than one robot license but only one can be run at any one time. I believe the cost of adding a second robot is around €14,000.

What other advice do I have?

I think the product itself is very simple. The Kofax RPA concept is a little different from that of other similar products on the market. We have a centralized system which means that whereas other products are coming from the desktop robotic side, in the case of Kofax, they constantly think of the large corporations that are using their robots. For some customers, it's very important that everything is centralized. And of course that's an important issue but then, of course, it brings challenges when you are trying to create the desktop robot.

I would rate the product an eight out of 10. It's a tricky question because we sell the product, but I guess there is always room for improvement.