Lucidchart Review

Good performance, user-friendly, easy to create flowcharts and documentation

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use Lucidchart for mobile app development.

How has it helped my organization?

Creating flowcharts and documentation is easy to do and the results are very nice.

I think that this solution is good in terms of its visualizations and it helps to understand process flows and workflows. The flowcharts and wireframes are very nice and easy to use.

The features for creating database schemas and modifying existing data structures are things that I have used a little bit. I find that this is a good tool when working with databases and it helps with strategy planning, ideation, and project planning.

It is definitely important to use that Lucidchart accommodates both Mac and PC users. We have work that is done collaboratively in teams and we need to be able to share between team members. This is important regardless of platform.

Lucidchart allows for real-time collaboration, where multiple users can access the same version of a document. It has improved our project development process because we can discuss a journey map and a flowchart with developers in real-time. Using this tool, we are able to better interact with developers.

This ability to collaborate efficiently and in parallel has saved us time because it makes the job easier for our colleagues and teammates. I would estimate that it saves between three and four hours a day.

What is most valuable?

The entire tool is very good. The wireframing and flowchart are very nice features.

The interface is very user-friendly and supports drag and drop. You don't need to have technology or design knowledge in order to use it. Anybody can work with it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have access to more colorful and more vibrant icons. Otherwise, the experience is very good.

I am new to Lucidchart and have only been using it for a short time.

The performance is very nice. Even when the internet speed is low, it is stable and performs well.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

Prior to implementing Lucidchart, I used SketchUp and SigmaNEST. I switched to Lucidchart because of the user-friendliness. The drag and drop functionality makes it very easy to use.

The price and licensing are good.

What other advice do I have?

We do not currently use the integration with other products but it is something that we are planning to do in the future. Similarly, we do not yet use the functionality that allows us to compare versions of documents.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Lucidchart reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Visio
Learn what your peers think about Lucidchart. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.