Lucidchart Overview

Lucidchart is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Visual Collaboration Platforms. It is most often compared to Lucidspark: Lucidchart vs Lucidspark

What is Lucidchart?

Our online diagram application makes it easy to sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams.  From brainstorming to project management, we support all of your communication needs.
That’s why millions of users choose Lucidchart.

Lucidchart Buyer's Guide

Download the Lucidchart Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Lucidchart Customers

Google, Salesforce, Adobe, Whirlpool, Uber, Wal Mart, Pearson, Twitch, Riot Games, Western Union, Trimble, Starbucks

Lucidchart Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Lucidchart pricing:
  • "I'm happy with the pricing of Lucidchart but I can't say I'm completely happy with it. It could be cheaper for what it offers, about $5 cheaper, or Lucid could charge $5 more and add more features, like automation. Right now, it's $15 per user per month... On the other hand, they have made their billing super-easy for users, such as for people who have to do expense reports. It is probably the easiest platform I'm using when it comes to billing for software as a service."
  • "The pricing and licensing are fine. It has a lot of features that I prefer over some of the other programs, which is good. Being that it is web-based, I feel that it is acceptable that it's on a monthly pay basis. However, I think I pay on an annual basis, which is fine with me."
  • "The pricing and licensing are fine, though I wish they didn't require you to buy the licenses in batches of five."
  • "We chose Lucid based on the price comparison between it and draw.io... Lucidchart was about 15 percent cheaper per user... I was surprised to learn that it came with a separate subscription model and was not included in my existing Lucidchart subscription."
  • "Pricing comes in at about $100 for a year's subscription, which is very reasonable if this is a tool that you will use more than once."

Lucidchart Reviews

reviewer1478640
Business Analyst at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
Jan 20, 2021
Makes collaboration and presentation easy, and templates save me significant time

What is our primary use case?

I use it for the WBS tree diagram, the work breakdown structure, and for divisional workflow mapping. I also use it for whiteboarding sessions with my team. And I have used it for an operational requirements matrix. Our company has used it for making a company organizational chart.

• "Ease of use is especially critical because if I am conducting brainstorming sessions with my team, I have to be able to quickly put things on the monitor so that I don't lose their attention and focus. Ease of use is definitely helpful when I do that... The fact that I don't get lost within the software and am able to quickly generate visuals onscreen, so that it doesn't break the momentum, is a huge win."
  • "I wish there were a lot more automations. For instance, if I'm using a project management software to list out all my WBS [work breakdown structure] I wish Lucidchart had the functionality where it would take all the numbering and generate a tree diagram. Something like that would help so much, but right now it's still a manual task..."

What other advice do I have?

As far as project planning, execution, project status reporting, and requirements analysis, if planning is a big part of it, Lucidchart is a must-use.
reviewer1478637
CEO at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Feb 3, 2021
We can tweak its templates for our own purposes, but our communication with the sales team has been poor

What is our primary use case?

Primarily, we have been using it for collaborating with other team members and documenting the work that we are doing as a team and organization. Its two main functions are to document and collaborate.

• "We are using Lucidchart a lot for documenting things, such as processes, systems, new teams, etc. Its ability to document processes is great. Some of the major pluses are the sheer number of templates and the flexibility in the types of things that you can document. This is a benefit because we are able to structure it in whatever format we want. So, we can take a template that maybe was designed for something different and not have to create it from scratch. We just modify it for our purposes."
  • "The communication with sales has been pretty poor. They have been spotty in terms of response. So far, that has been our problem with it. We were in contact with one of their representatives, but he just kind of disappeared one day and we couldn't find him anymore. He has not been responsive to email."

What other advice do I have?

We are a consulting company that works with CEOs. In many cases, we are recommending products. In a lot of situations, Lucidchart could be a useful tool for organizations that we work with, and we would definitely recommend it to them. However, for it to become a really useful tool organizationally, you must have somebody walk you through a process of how you would embed it. I don't think that they have that. Most people are visual first and prefer that as a way to communicate. In the future, if there is an opportunity to do so, we would potentially increase usage. We have to learn more about…
Learn what your peers think about Lucidchart. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kevin Heires
Product and Materials Manager at Case Systems, Inc.
Jan 20, 2021
Rapidly creates a visual representation of what I am doing

What is our primary use case?

I do a lot of strategy stuff with it: * Mapping things out that way. * Laying out product plans and roadmaps. * Visually showing people some of that information. I use it for general mapping, more like a canvas. I'm a single user who uses it for our company for a very specific need. We are using Lucidchart through the web.

• "Lucidchart's capabilities for understanding workflows is high. I use a couple of different programs, like MindManager, and what I like about using Lucidchart is that it is all web-based. So, I can quickly go into a web browser, drag and drop a bunch of files, pictures, or notes, draw some flow lines, and rapidly be able to create a visual representation of what I am trying to do. As a product manager, I can quickly organize thoughts that way and show people what we are working on."
  • "It would be nice to have more features that help me visually present information. Since I use it as a canvas, my use case for it is probably very specific. I use it as a way to present information to people visually on a large mind map. So, it would be nice to be able to have more graphical things to clean it up, like a header, banners, or something to help draw attention to certain areas. I would also like more infographic-like features, because I am kind of limited to float chart shapes. This makes the solution a little cumbersome."

What other advice do I have?

I love the program as it is so far. Being able to link comments and things to images has been fantastic for me. For me, using it as a solution for whiteboard, canvas-type, thought-thinking, mind mapping has been fantastic. I would rate this solution as an eight (out of 10). Feature and functionality-wise, it is fantastic. I just wish visually that I had a bit more control to polish it up.
Scott Rogers
Director of Strategic Accounts at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Jan 5, 2021
A faster way to do architecture; you don't have to reinvent the wheel every time

What is our primary use case?

We use it for primarily for two things: * Website architecture design. * Process flow diagrams. Most of our company's designers and I are on Macs along with a few other Mac users, then everybody else is on Windows machines. I also have a Windows machine, so it has to work on both.

• "Lucidchart's capabilities for visualizing and understanding process flows or workflows is excellent. The way that you put together the parts of charts and edit the chart are all very intuitive and easy to use."
  • "Sometimes, I have created charts with a lot of layers, which locks down parts of the chart and hides parts of the chart to edit it. If they have a better way to deal with specific layers when it gets complex, then that would be helpful. I would like to see something like an illustrator program, where they have a pallet of these layers that I want and don't want as well as being able to see each layer individually. That is the one thing that could be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

It does everything that we want it to do. I would give it a 10 (out of 10). I think it's great. It is not a huge deal for us that the suite can be centrally managed by a unified administration console, but it is nice. We use some of the integrations with Microsoft. They're somewhat important, but not a deal breaker. We wish they would incorporate them into Lucidspark. So, if I make a chart and want to put it into a presentation, then it is nice to be able to make a change to the chart and have it automatically update in a presentation without having to reimport it. We are also heavy users of…
Jordan Rich
Product Manager at Foundry Payments
Jan 31, 2021
Real-time collaboration means multiple users can efficiently review wireframes simultaneously, saving us hours of time

What is our primary use case?

We use it for making flowcharts. We are using the iOS and PC views to make mock-ups and wireframes.

• "The wireframe and mock-up features have been the most useful so far. It's easy to create the mock-ups and then communicate to our development team what they need to look like. Lucidchart's capabilities for visualizing and understanding process flows or workflows is very good as well. I'm able to easily use any style of box that I need to create on a flowchart, to effectively communicate to our development team."

What other advice do I have?

Compare Lucid to the other providers in the space, whether it be Gliffy, drawio, or Visio and understand how they export and share work with other team members, and which is easiest to use.
    reviewer1417329
    Managing Partner at Seegmiller Gardner, PLLC
    Sep 9, 2020
    Flexible and easy to use, with a helpful and extensive template library

What is our primary use case?

I used Lucidchart to build-out items such as business org charts, business processes/workflows, and product diagrams. Lucidchart is much better than competitors that I have used, such as Visio. I am able to easily save off charts I have created in a PDF document, which is primarily what I do. The flexibility of Lucidchart is great. It is easy to create swim lane process documents with as many rows as you would like. It is also very easy to include columns into the swim lane that allows you to show where one process ends and another picks up. This feature has allowed me to generate very… more »

• "Lucidchart is a lovely tool for creating visual representations of any process or organization."
    • "When you want to add text to a connector arrow, I have not figured out how to position the text vertically. It always wants the text to stay horizontal."
    Mayank Thakur
    Product Lead at Moglix
    Feb 10, 2020
    Easy to manage and access documents and has good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to create some process flows, namely how the user will use the product, how they will walk through the product, etc. We don't use the program very often - only once every week or so.

• "Easy to work on."
    • "I don't know if I will be able to add some animations if I want to. I believe the problem may be the program's process flows but if I want to transfer it into a PPP or any other document, I can only do image transfer."

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommend this solution to others. It's a really good tool for any business that designs business workflows. It is very easy to simply pay and then start using it right away. Anybody who knows how to create a workflow will find it very easy to work on Lucidchart. They can just log on and start creating. It's very easy. On a scale from one to ten, I rate this program a nine. One thing that needs to improve, is the feature that is used to import or export data. Perhaps they can add more templates for users.