Maximizer Review

A rigid product that is hard to customize, has no mobile app, and is rarely updated by the vendor

What is our primary use case?

We use Maximizer to provide CRM services to all of our business units. It is used as part of our sales funnel.

How has it helped my organization?

We were happy with Maximizer for about six months, but we are no longer happy with it and are evaluating other products to replace it with.

What needs improvement?

There is no mobile application.

The product is unmoving, as there is no obvious development or enhancements being made. When we are trying to compete in a market we need an updated product.

The product is not easily customizable and we have to depend on the reseller for that. It's a rigid product.

There are no reports available.

I have been working with Maximizer for about two years.

Stability-wise, it is working fine with no technical faults. We have had no issues reported and we haven't had to raise any complaints to the vendor to solve.

My impression is that there is nothing in terms of scalability because there are no enhancements being made to the product.

We did try contacting the vendor for technical support, although we ended up coming back to our local reseller for everything. If the vendor wants to improve their product then they should reach out to their customers, but Maximizer has never tried to speak with us. We instead depend on the local reseller for any customizations that we need. We don't have any direct connection with the vendor.

Our deployment took less than a month.

We have a team of three people who handle the maintenance for all of our products. There is not a dedicated person who takes care of the maintenance for Maximizer.

We are paying for a subscription.

We have been evaluating other CRM solutions such as SugarCRM. Compared to SugarCRM, Maximizer is not being updated. With SugarCRM, there are enhancements coming out every month or two and we utilize those features.

Salesforce is another option that I think is even better, but it is only available as a cloud-based deployment.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is not to waste time implementing this product. The technology is fast-moving and there are many other products available. For example, if you want an on-premises deployment then I suggest using SugarCRM. It has a cloud-based deployment as well but for that, I suggest using Salesforce. It's a beautiful product but it's only available on-cloud. If data security is not a problem then I recommend Salesforce.

I would rate this solution a three out of ten.