McAfee Complete Data Protection Review

Unified management console and scales well, but we need more granular control over the policies

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the security products that we implement for our clients. I focus primarily on data protection and data loss prevention solutions, and in this role, I work with McAfee Complete Data Protection a lot. We also use it for encryption.

A simple use case would be keywords and reject detection.

Other reasons that we use it are for PII and PCI compliance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the unified management console, ePO. The console allows us to manage not only endpoint protection, but DLP, and also integration with MVISION Cloud.

What needs improvement?

We are looking for more granular control over the policies. McAfee has some challenges in this regard.

I have been working with McAfee Complete Data Protection

There are some challenges with stability when you want to fine-tune the granularity. When it is too generic, you get a lot of false-positive errors.

I don't think that McAfee has any scalability-related issues because they deal with a lot of enterprise companies.

Our clients are typically the public sector, although we have a lot of large, enterprise customers as well.

The most important thing is how they enable our team. They provide us with good support during the pre-sales stages.

The initial setup for McAfee is straightforward, and not very complex. The fine-tuning, however, takes time.

What other advice do I have?

We can see that a lot of things are moving to the cloud, and I want to see more cloud solutions and more integration where we can make use of them. As time goes on, we can see that there are more customers on the cloud.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More McAfee Complete Data Protection reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Symantec Endpoint Encryption
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Complete Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.