McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

The central management made it much easier to create executive reports for management review.

Valuable Features:

The central management feature of the ePolicy Orchestrator was extremely valuable to me. My organization had a very small security team, so the ability to manage our protection tools from one program made the job much more efficient.  Additionally, central management made it much easier to create executive reports for management review.

Improvements to My Organization:

My organization did not have a well-maintained host-based security program before McAfee Endpoint Protection. This product made it possible to protect critical data, investigate threat events, and prevent future events from occurring on every endpoint on our network.

Room for Improvement:

One thing I could have used was a more detailed description of the HIPS signatures. When selecting a HIPS configuration, I would have liked to see exactly what access will change on the system. My organization did not have much room for testing, and many issues did not come up until days or weeks after changes were made.

Deployment Issues:

We have had no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

We have had no issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

Other Advice:

The system my current organization uses does not allow for administrative changes from the endpoint itself, like McAfee Endpoint Protection does. This feature is very useful when testing firewall rules and HIPS configurations for specific programs and sites that only certain network segments may need to access.