McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

Offers powerful management tools and has good integration abilities

What is most valuable?

In terms of features, its internet exchange is also perfect. I mostly like the powerful management tools. It's got a lot of detail, so it's powerful.

What needs improvement?

They don't have any gateway solution. In the past, they did. I think they need a gateway solution to control internet traffic. In the next solution, it will improve the total security, on the network security side if they add this.

In Turkey, according to regulations, the main platform must stay on on-prem, not on the cloud. Most of the customers are still using the mail gateway solution but McAfee stopped developing mail gateway security. For us, it's one of the missing pieces on McAfee in Turkey. They're right, they saw that mail business is going to cloud but in closed countries, we need a gateway solution. McAfee is missing this.

In the next release, they should add something that converts the endpoint business switch for the endpoints. They can integrate side endpoints and try to add them to an existing endpoint, or maybe they can match all these add-ons on a single agent.

I've been using the solution for 15 years.

All McAfee products are stable at the endpoint. That only changed when Microsoft announced a new update, and we can foresee compatibility problems. Normally if McAfee gives 1-gigabyte throughput in production, you will see the performance and stability. McAfee's products generally are stable, when I see the from the production angle. Approximately all of the products are stable.

It's very easy to scale. You can deploy a conservative amount easily. If there are other branches, McAfee is the best solution for that kind of implementation. Scalability is very high. With the cloud solutions available after McAfee acquired Skyhigh, they can also offer a solution on the cloud side. On-prem and also cloud allows McAfee to be a full solution for the customers.

Generally, in Turkey, support is very good. Soon they will open a call center in Turkey with a Turkish speaker with technical knowledge. Generally, when I was on the technical side, when I called the support team, in an hour or two maximum someone would connect to the system and start to investigate. In the end, most of my problems have been solved via the technical team.

The initial setup is complex. It is a very complex product. You must have experience with it. If not, installation can be disastrous. You must have experience with it because it's not easy. But if you install it perfectly everything can then be done automatically and it's more powerful.

What other advice do I have?

Everything has been simplified. On the endpoint side, there is also a lot of improvement.

When Intel acquired McAfee they worked on the protocol so that all vendors can work on the same platform. It's a very big improvement in McAfee. All McAfee products talk to each other. Other vendor's products can join this platform as well so it makes it more powerful on the enterprise side for McAfee.

With a knowledgeable technician that has a lot of experience with the product, you won't have problems. If you work with a less experienced person, implementing the solution can become a problem.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.